Phoenix is the largest city in Arizona. They are as close as you can get to Las Vegas without actually going. Although they are not located within the city proper there are enough gambling establishments in the surrounding area to keep any gaming enthusiast enthralled. Below you will find a description of the top six in the Phoenix, AZ.
1. Gila River – This place came into existence to provide employment opportunities for the Native Americans that populate that area. Gila River is a Akimel O’Odham and the Pee Posh nations or what is left of them. It is becoming the place to be in Arizona. It offers as many games and slot machines as any in Atlantic City or pg Las Vegas. The hotel and gambling facility offers up the best in gaming and nightlife with deluxe accommodations as well as live theater shows.
2. Wild Horse Pass – A sister hotel to the Gila River it is a 10 story tower of Mega entertainment. This is the upscale place to be that all the in-crowd is now making their way to. The tables are packed daily and the hotel is a thing of beauty. Enjoy over 100,000 square feet that is absolutely Vegas style.
3. Lone Butte – It offers table games, blackjack and roulette and for those who like a little more calm and relaxed form of gambling. And of course, there are the obligatory B-Go games.
4. The Vee Quiva – Is yet another in the Wild Horse Pass family. It also has all the sporting Vegas games without all the hustle and bustle of the Vegas crowds. The four hotels offer entertainment and fine dining but you have to be at least 21 to even enter the doors.
5. Cas Arizona – This is by far one of the top gambling facilities in the Phoenix area. It has become famous for its fair gaming practices and its live acts. You can play games like Let’em Ride, Blackjack and the most popular slot machine. The Arizona Room has a Piano Bar and dining on the patio underneath the desert moonlight.
6. Harrah’s Ak-chin – Harrah’s is a name known the world over for its classic gambling hotels and this one is no exception. Though quite small by Harrah’s standards, this is situated on the Reservation in Maricopa Arizona and has all the upscale charm of its larger cousins. It still supports four restaurants, two bars, a hotel with 48 well appointed guest rooms and 1,089 gaming tables. If you like card games this is the place to be in Phoenix because it has 28 tables for your pleasure.